Hacienda de las Flores
The main patio of the Hacienda de las Flores was installed in 1985. The first story of the present building was built by Alberta Higgins and Gertrude Mallette. Donald Rheem purchased and enlarged the building in 1934. In 1977, the Town of Moraga acquired the present site and it is now the headquarters of the Moraga Parks & Recreation Department.
The Moraga Barn
The plaque reads: “Built in 1914 as a hotel by the Moraga Company. It later became the Moraga Mercantile and included the telephone exchange and post office. Since 1933 it has been a bar.”
Willow Springs School
Willow Spring School, located on School Street, was dedicated on October 10, 1992. The plaque states that is was “built on land donated by the Willow Spring District in 1916. The building served as a school for the Moraga Valley from 1917 to 1958.”
Old Moraga Town Site
This plaque was dedicated at the School Street Post Office on October 3, 1970.
Rancho Laguna de los Palos Colorados
Rancho Laguna de Los Palos Colorados was a 13,316-acre (53.89 km2) Mexican land grant within present-day Contra Costa County, California. It was given in 1841 by Mexican Governor Juan Alvarado to Joaquín Moraga and his cousin, Juan Bernal. The name means “Ranch of the Lake of the Redwoods” in Spanish.
The plaque was installed on the third baseline of the baseball field at Campolindo High School on March 25th, 1984 to mark the site, but is no longer at that location.